Green Goddess Salad Dressing
Easy Healthy Homemade Green Goddess Dressing is Simply Divine
Veganized from Chez Panisse Vegetables Cookbook: Deleted anchovies, used almond & coconut milk instead of cream - for an almost low fat, definitely low GI recipe.
We left out vinegar and onion, reduced the oil, kept essential avocado, lime & lemon, basil & parsley, added agave nectar to sweeten.
You'll need a blender or food processor to make this recipe, and a small rubber or silicone scraper or spatula comes in handy.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 20 mins
8 servings - 2 cups of dressing
Nutrition Data Per Serving, 71 g: 86 calories, 8g fat, 67 cal fr fat, 4g carbohydrate, 176mg sodium, 1g dietary fiber, 1g protein, 2g sugars, 12% DV Vit C. Good source of Vit. C, Vit. K and Manganese. Estimated glycemic load: 2.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, stemmed, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
- 4 Tbsp coconut cream (chill the can to separate the cream)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado pieces (1 small or 1/2 large avocado)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Heat minced garlic in oil in a small frying pan on low heat, 5 - 10 min or until garlic is transparent
- Mix garlic & oil, lemon & lime juice, coconut cream, almond milk and agave nectar in blender or food processore
- Add avocado, fresh herbs, salt and pepper, and blend until the herbs are reduced to occasional green specks
- Adjust seasonings, and pour into serving pitcher or bowl
- May be stored covered in the fridge for a few hours, but is best eaten as soon as possible after blending
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us